I know that global warming is a bad thing… I get it. But c’mon. There is nothing wrong with hiking outside in February, watching boats drive by on the river. The mud, I was less fond of – now I have to clean my combat boots. It was a chilly but beautiful afternoon for a hike with the famil followed by Jambalaya and King Cake at my aunt’s house for Mardi Gras. When you’re young, you don’t really appreciate family gatherings. But there is something so great about us all being adults, and actually getting to know each other. It was a bucket of laughs, and always is. I feel extremely lucky to have a family (immediate and extended) that I truly enjoy spending time with.
Knowing that this family excursion would be taking place this afternoon, I decided to go for delicious and easy meals for this week. The recipe I’m sharing today, was actually made on Thursday. But the idea is the same. Sheet pan meals are my jam. The two secret weapons to successful (and quick) meal prep days are sheet pan meals and one-pot meals. Saves time and dishes! There are few meals easier than the ones where you chop a bunch of veggies, season it, and throw it on a pan with some chicken on top.
This is one of my go-to flavor combinations; honey garlic. Yum!
Honey Garlic Chicken
What You Need
3 chicken breasts
1 bag cut green beans
1lb mini red potatoes, washed and diced
1 tsp each paprika, black pepper, celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder (approx.)
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup honey
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350.
- Add cut veggies to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and dry seasonings. Mix well.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, place on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and honey.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the veggies and chicken. Flip chicken breasts to coat each side.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
Enjoy!! Thanks for reading ❤